Fun Facts About Our Teeth!
Did you know…
- Baby teeth are
whiter than their adult counterparts.
- Baby teeth start developing when you are just
six weeks pregnant.
- In terms of teeth erupting, on average,
girls are quicker than boys!
- 1 in 3,000 babies are
born with a tooth showing. They are known as natal teeth.
- Baby teeth not only help you chew, but also
aid your child’s speech.
- A full set of baby teeth should appear by 3 years old at the latest.
- Babies only have 20 baby teeth compared to
32 adult teeth. You will see gaps in babies’ teeth which allow space for adult ones to grow into.
- Every human bite mark is a
unique identification. No two bite impressions are the same.
- Our teeth are the
toughest organ in your body. It can withstand 1,000N of force, which is similar to full grown adult standing on it.
- If you suck your thumb after 5 years old, you may
damage your adult teeth and distort your jawline.